it's small. it's powerful. it's mobile.
Flow Ant - the All-in-One Media Asset Management Solution
- All-in-One solution - hardware and software
- Easy to setup and use,yet still a powerful media asset management tool
- Highly cost effective and affordable
- The Flow Ant is part of a complete media ecosystem
- Intuitive user interface and management
- Operates with your existing IT-environment
- Optional easy to use Flow Web Services (as extension) for high-traffic public distributions
- Highly scalable system
- Works with multihomed storages - from single USB discs up to broadcast level storages
- Sophisticated security features
- Integrated workflow engine
- Interoperates with other Flow Ant systems and Flow Center Core Servers
- Easy workflow based VOD distributions to a range of VOD targets, eg iTunes, netflix, maxdome, T-Home, Sky, Amazon and many more
- Power saving hardware and operation
- No climate zone for a server needed
- Low running costs
- No rack space for big servers or storages required
Ant single System Setup
The Ant is a full featured Flow Center media asset management system in the smallest form, yet still a highly powerful, cost efficient and productive MAM. Like its big brother the Flow Center core, it has all the features you need to ingest, archive, manage, transcode and deliver your media and metadata.
As IT technology is still advancing at a fast pace, we were able to pack our evolving Flow Center software into this powerful little box, enabling you to archive and manage your media without losing track of it. The Flow Ant system can manage (with its built-in SSD hard drive up to 3000 1 min high resolution video files and the relevant metadata. Additionally the Ant can make use of connected external USB hard drives or common SAN/NAS network storages to further expand its storage capacity to up to 18 Terrabyte of Data and Metadata.
Knowing your data and media is in a secure place, you can automate your media communications, rollout and deliver, all with the integrated Device and Workflow Manager component, automatically transcoding for the corresponding delivery targets like client servers, FTP servers, VOD targets, online stores, content delivery networks and social media platforms without the need for manual intervention.
Not all owners of content need the content in one location, some companies require it to be distributed and stored in decentralized locations. This could be a retailer with stores or outlets, a broadcaster with satellite networks or an advertising agency who has to strategically manage an advertising campaign nationally or globally.
The main features and specifications of Flow Ant are as follows:
- full flow core software
- full flow coder capabilities
- dna gui
- flow fuel capable (SOAP api for remote operations)
- Full Ingest and Import of Media, Metadata and other additional files (eg Documents)
- Media Transcoding of video, audio, pictures
- Search and Manage fully customizable Metadata and Media at broadcast quality
- Accumulate Media and Data into Project Containers and Medialists for the connected workflow system
- Fully featured workflow editor and management GUI
- Open System for interaction with existing IT-Environment via SOAP API
- SOAP API for remote operations in/out
- Highest security available in combination with DMZs and firewalls
- Workflow system for full control of Content, User Interaction, Transfers, Delivery and System status
- Includes fully featured Logging and Statistics
- Graphical User Interfaces for Administration, Media Asset Management, Editorial Users and mobile Users
- Video editing functions including rough cuts, picture/log-embedding, transcoding of intermediate Media, annotations and much more
- Integrated Project Management System
- Interaction with any common editing system, braodcast archive, playout system, VOD service, CDN and social media networks
Short video format and container list:
MXF, Mpeg, Quicktime, AVI, DV, DVRaw
Mpeg 1&2, mp4, webm, flash 7/8, H264, H265, IMX, XDCam HD, DNxHD, Apple ProRes, uncompressed Video
Material from web/SD up to 4k UHD
See how this new Flow Center product can support the interoperability of media and data exchange: ant to flow core / ant to ant / ant to ant and flow core.
Up to 254 ant units per flow core. flow workflow manager and flow storage manager as optional modules are available.
The FLOW ANT is a complete hardware and software product.
The FLOW ANT hardware features:
- Intel Core i5-4250U processor 1,3 GHz, Turbo 2,6 GHz Haswell
- Two SO-DIMM sockets for memory expandability up to 16 GB
- Dual PCIe* mini card connectors for flexible support of wireless and SSD configurations
- One Mini DisplayPort supporting
- DP 1.2 and one Mini HDMI port supporting HDMI 1.4a
- Dual rear Panel USB 3.0 ports
- Intel® Gigabit LAN
- 19V, 65 W DC power connector
- Dual front panel USB 3.0 ports
- Consumer infrared sensor
- Headphone/microphone jack
Screenshots Mediapool (german version).
Of course the GUI is multilingual with the ability to configure many language files:
Of course, the FLOW APP operates remotely with all FLOW ANT systems and FLOW CENTER CORE servers.